Friday, July 25, 2014

Cormega | Industry | VIDEO



Cormega drops a smooth visual for the potent “Industry” off of his just released Mega Philosophy which features beats from Large Professor.

The black and white clips features imagery that keeps in line with the songs beware of the shady record industry theme.
“Men lie, women lie, numbers can be altered to look high, shareholders hates taking losses/This is business, they don’t care about your lyrics/The better you sell, the better future for their children,” spits Mega.

You can stream Mega Philosophy right here, and if you like what you hear, go ahead and cop it off iTunes. Watch the video for “Industry” below.



Cormega offered up his Mega Philosophy LP, on July 22, via Aura/Slimstyle, for free, full streaming exclusively in The DJBooth.

Speaking with DJBooth, the Queensbridge vet stated, "An artist, a true artist, in one way or another evolves. Mega Philosophy is my evolution. This is the album that I really wanted to show that I’m an artist. I’m not somebody who’s trying to live off of glorifying my past street life, I’m not somebody who’s trying to sensationalize or use beef or conflict or controversy [to sell albums]. I’m trying to show that I’m a creative artist. This is the album that will tell me if I belong on the list of hip-hop's greatest emcees. I’m a lyricist, an MC, but at the core, I'm a poet who recites over a beat."

The project packs 11 original jams, none of which has previously been featured on our pages. Included is lead single "Industry." AZ, Black Rob, Chantelle Nandi, Jarell Perry, Maya Azucena, Nature, Raekwon, Redman and Styles P. make guest appearances on the set, which is produced in its entirety by Large Professor.

No comments:

Post a Comment