Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Raven Sorvino | Interview | BLOWHIPHOPTV.COM

California has turned out a long list of respected hip-hop artists and Raven Sorvino is getting ready to add her name to the top of the list. Born in Texas but residing in Los Angles Raven knew early on she wanted to be apart of the music scene but not until a bad break up did she really begin to take the idea much more seriously.

"I probably wrote my first rhyme after this dude broke my heart, I wrote a rap about him. I played it for my brother, I rapped it for him and he was like man this is tight but you cant make all your songs about no dude. You got to go take these girls heads off and show them that I could rap!"



With Raven fully immersed in her new found talent she wasted no time funneling her 9 to 5 wages into purchasing studio time and chasing her dream each day. She put time into learning the craft but it wasn't until she met Picasso of Language Artz who brought her into the fold providing not only a team but also direction and support for her first real project.

"We had a situation on 2dopeboyz where Meka was dropping freestyles from each member in Language Arts each Friday. Picasso said I'm going to put you to the test, I'm going to send you a beat come over here record it and this will be your first intro to the blog sites. It just made such a big frenzy and people went crazy over it. Not long after we started the EP Inspired and that's when everything started moving for me.

Raven Sorvino doesn't want to be put in the same category as any MC let alone male or female. She wants her music to be heard and her persona to be respected based of her talent alone. With a sound that is reminiscent of New York and Los Angeles Raven has the ability to reach audiences at a core level and she hopes it's her music solely that people judge her by.

"That whole female thing, to get attention and respect. I try not to think about that because I feel like it will weigh me down. Don't even really call me a female rapper, just look at me like an artist and just listen to the music and enjoy the presentation I'm giving you. Get the whole she's a girl thing out your head."

For her most recent project Queen of Hearts, Raven is ready to make her mark and she knows her time is now. "After coming off of Playa Del Rey the process and the growth for this new tape Queen of Hearts is the experience of coming to NYC going to SXSW, interacting with fans now my confidence level is really up there. Now I see people paying attention people now who I am. It's like ok all eyes are on you, what is she going to do right now. This is the moment where Raven Sorvino needs to break!"

@RavenSorvino
@blowhiphoptv

Story:
Khomari Flash

Camera:
Khomari Flash
Isaac Aguirre

No comments:

Post a Comment